If you can't log in because you've don't know your password or username, here's what to do.
Please note that the commonest issues people have with these procedures are omitting something in points 6-8 or getting confused by ignoring point 9.
Assuming you know your username OR the email address you used to create your account on the website:
- Visit the password reset page here.
- The page displayed will give you the opportunity to request an email with a "one-time-only" password.
- When you get the email (you should only need to wait a few minutes), clicking the link should log you into your account page on the website, temporarily.
- Note that these one-time links can only be used once, and they do expire after 24 hours. So this whole process needs to happen in one go.
- Now you can input your preferred password. You have to enter it twice to make sure you haven't made an error typing it in.
- Whatever else happens, you will now need to scroll down to the bottom of the page, See next two points.
- Accept the terms and conditions if required to. You have to do this
- if you have never done it before, OR
- if the terms and conditions have changed since the last time you accepted them. (This now involves more than one checkbox, thanks to the complexities of GDPR. Most of these are not actually relevant to you if you have logged in previously but we don't have any other way of doing this for now. Sorry!)
- Click the Save button at the bottom of the page. (Note: If you haven't accepted the Terms and Conditions, you won't be able to proceed).
- Navigate away from your account page. The website may seem to be wanting you to enter your 'current password'. You can ignore that: your job is finished. Just click on home.
- Log out, then log back in again to check your credentials work.
- Refer to the screenshots below for further help.
If you get stuck email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Similarly, if you have forgotten your registered email address and username please contact me.
You can change both your username and password at any time by going to your user account page.
Pointers for passwords and usernames
For your username we recommend you use your name eg. Fred Bloggs or an abbreviated version of it eg FBloggs.
For your password we recommend you use a memorable but secure password that you use elsewhere.
Further help - screenshots
The request-new-password looks like this:
Or you can access it from the login box with an invalid password as follows.